Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back in the Saddle!

The GR4 was a complete success and a total blast! Thanks to Walt and Fritz for putting on a great ride and to all those who showed up for making it even better. No matter how much we get to ride in California, it's tough to beat the roads up in the Catskills. Twisties, straights, forests, mountains, waterfalls, rivers, lakes, crazy old towns, middle-of-nowhere villages with people who seemed like they'd never seen a scoot... you name it, we found it! Here's a few shots to hold you over 'til I get the fog out of my head and collate all the other goodness.

Loaded up and ready to head east...

Yeah, this area of Colorado is really awesome, but after driving through this same spot 5 times this year already, I'm a little less in awe. 

I'm only going to post this one pic of the ride between Wyoming and Ohio... it all looks exactly the freakin' same anyway!


Ok, except for the point where I was in Lincoln, Nebraska and a damn tornado was running alongside the highway! That was a little freaky. After running out of that path, I pulled over and tarped up the bikes and grabbed some shuteye.


Good ol' Craig from Front Street Cycle put me up once I hit Ohio. Thanks man, you rule! Had an entire shop to pull the truck and trailer into. Can't beat that. Only cost me a pizza!


And finally reached Jersey sometime after million of miles of road... safe and sound. Just the way I like it.

No comments: